Listen to God's voice at the foot of the crucifix." ~St. Gaspar del Bufaro~

Friday, February 4, 2011

St. Valentine Dessert

I thought I'd share this St. Valentine Dessert idea...Also adaptable for the Sacred Heart of Jesus!

I made these for a World Youth Day (Bunco) Fundraiser at our Parish this weekend...
They were really easy and very inexpensive!

ALL ITEMS: The foil pans, Duncan Hines Brownie mix, clear basket wrap, stencil, and ribbon came from the Dollar Tree!  Each pan of brownies cost approximately $2.00!
These would also make nice St. Valentine gifts for grandparents, other family, friends, teachers, etc.
I just baked the brownies in the disposable pans and used powdered sugar and a stencil for the heart design.  {I use a powdered sugar shaker that makes it a bit easier to control the sprinkling} Also, be careful when lifting the stencil from the pan once you've sprinkled the sugar!
I wrapped each pan in clear plastic basket wrap and tied it with red and white ribbon.  Then I added a crucifix or plastic rosary to each wrapped brownie pan.   
(You may also add a Saint Medal or another sacramental embellishment to bring the "Saint" back to St. Valentine's Day!)
I also think these would be lovely for the Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus or Immaculate Heart of Mary.  You could use a stencil for an Immaculate Heart image like this one!


I draped a red plastic rosary through the top of this wrapped brownie pan and also added a crucifix.
Happy St. Valentine's Day Baking!

5 comments:

  1. I love all of your ideas. These are so sweet! I think my boys and I will be making some Valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These turned out great! Who knew so many things could be done with stencils?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the red rosary draped through. I immediately thought of our parish pastor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful. the stenciling is perfect, and I love the way you wrapped them up. thanks for sharing Tiffany.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely. you have definitely perfected this technique.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...