Listen to God's voice at the foot of the crucifix." ~St. Gaspar del Bufaro~

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Happy Birthday St. Padre Pio & Happy Anniversary, Dear Father!

Happy Birthday Padre Pio!
"Fear not because God is with you."
~Padre Pio~
Today we are stopping for a moment to remember the birthday of one of our family's favorite saints.  My boys, especially, have a deep admiration for this heroic man who had been given the great gift of the stigmata.  We made these poignant Rice Krispy Treats for a little snack in remembrance of St. Padre Pio....AND in celebration of a dear priest we know. 


We are praying for, remembering, and thanking God for a special priest today as he celebrates the 25th Anniversary of his Ordination to the Priesthood.  Happy Anniversary, dear Father!  It is quite fitting that his Ordination took place on the birthday of Padre Pio.  This is certainly no coincidence.  In fact, as a dear friend from our parish would say..."It's just a little God-incidence."  Yes, it is definitely a God-incidence!  I had the privilege of meeting this particular special priest during a pilgrimage to Medjugorje.  I was so inspired by his deep faith and devotion to the sacraments.  His favorite thing to do is to hear confessions.  And this is where he spent most of his time on the pilgrimage!  Hmmmm, I think Padre Pio definitely had a hand in this.


After talking with Father a few days ago, I was struck by the amount of Masses he has said since his Ordination.  Over the last 25 years he has only missed about 2, due to illness.  Overall, he's brought the Body of Christ to his flock over 12,600 times.  This is absolutely amazing.  It's enough to bring you to your knees in thanksgiving for all of our priests that we are so blessed to have.

"Pray, pray to the Lord with me, because the whole world needs prayer.  And every day, when your heart especially feels the loneliness of life, pray.  Pray to the Lord, because even God needs our prayers."
~St. Pio of Pietrelcina~

We are feeling especially thankful for the priesthood today!  God Bless you, dear Father.  
St. Padre Pio, please pray for us! 
 Soldier boy (age 11) as St. Padre Pio
~All Saint's Day 2009~ 

"Pray, hope, and don't worry.  Worry is useless.  God is merciful and will hear your prayer."
~St. Padre Pio~
Picture drawn by Princess (Age 7) for our Spiritual Bouquet to Father
Thank a Priest with a Spiritual Bouquet


Snack Note:
The kids are so excited about these Stigmata Hand Krispies...We will definitely make them again in September for Padre Pio's Feast Day.  We used a hand-shaped cookie cutter for the Rice Krispy treats and a little bit of red frosting for the stigmata...Easy!



5 comments:

  1. You're so creative. I like soldier boy's Padre Pio outfit, and princess' drawing of the holy spirit. Your special priest is blessed to know your family! just as you are blessed by him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Tiffany,
    What a special gift you have given. I will also remember (hopefully fo rPadre Pio's celebration your ideas. He is a favourite in our home too.

    By the way I have The Sunshine Award for you on my blog. I do believe you are a Sunshine girl
    God Bless
    Gae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany, you're awesome! Your blog is rapidly becoming one of my favorites :-)

    Making "stigmata cookies" has been on my list for awhile. I had already bought a hand cookie cutter! I love that you did it with rice krispie treats, and the red icing was genious. I was thinking red m&m's, but it's expensive to get them in only one color. I think these would be perfect for an All Saint's Day party. My little boy was St. Padre Pio last year! He also had "stigmata rags".

    Anyways, I just love everything you do! Let me know if you'd ever like to guest post on Catholic Icing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for the beautiful comments~You are equal inspirations to ME! My liturgical love is all for the glory of God! Abundant blessings and hugs to you all:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Tiffany!! I have been wanting to leave comments in your blog, but for some reason I was not able to do it...anyway, I would love to link to this post for the feast of St Padre Pio. We will try to make the cookies at home. blessings!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...